MLS® Laser Therapy
Faster treatment and recovery times
High power Class IV laser delivers faster treatment times, reduced number of treatments and faster recovery.
Before, during and after treatment
Non-invasive, non-threatening, pain-free and safe treatment suitable for use before, during, and after a wide variety of dental procedures.
Penetrates soft tissue and enamel
High power beam can reach the pulp, periapical tissues as well as bone, soft tissues, nerves, sinuses and muscles.
What is Multi Wave Locked System
The Multiwave Locked System (MLS®) is a new patented LLLT system that combines 905nm pulsed emissions with 808nm continuous emissions.
It was developed by ASAlaser to help overcome some of the limitations of previous LLLT systems. The aim is to produce simultaneous actions on pain, inflammation and oedema.
With the MLS® system, it is possible to achieve strong anti-inflammatory, anti-oedema and analgesic effects simultaneously and in a short period of time.
- The unique synchronised laser beam delivers a balance of the two wavelengths and powers providing safe and effective delivery.
- The optical design of the delivery system transfers energy up to 3 – 4 cm deep to effect tissue at a cellular level.
- The synchronised wave results in a synergistic effect where both the analgesic and anti-oedema effects are greater than if two single lasers had been used.
We use the MLS® laser in our surgery for our craniofacial pain patients, for patients post-surgery, and we use it quite extensively in orthodontic treatment… This is a device with enormous amounts of clinical research to support its use… it’s a crucial part of what I use in my practice every day in the treatment of patients.Dr. Darryl Moses
Align Dental, Sydney NSW.
Dual Synchronised Wavelengths
A combination of the high-power laser system and the synergistic effect of the dual wavelength MLS® results in fast treatment times – 3 to 10 minutes with the benefits often evident from the first application. There is also a reduced number of treatments required in addition to fast recovery time.
905nm Superpulsed Emission
Fast acting analgesia and accelerated healing.
The high power pulsed laser 905 nm emission produces an analgesic effect.
It has also been shown to significantly increase the activity of mitochondrial respiratory chain complexes I, II, III, IV and succinate dehydrogenase, thus suggesting that this emission may induce an increase in ATP synthesis that may accelerate the healing processes.
808nm Continuous Emission
Anti-oedema and increased cell energy.
The 808nm continuous emission has an immediate ant-inflammation and anti-oedema effect. In addition, the 808 nm wavelength falls in the secondary absorption peak of cytochrome oxidase, therefore it is expected to activate mitochondria thus favouring ATP production.
When can it be used?
- MLS® laser therapy is an ideal non-invasive, non-threatening, pain-free and safe treatment modality that perfectly complements and benefits many dental treatment regimes.
- It is suitable for use before, during and after a wide variety of dental procedures to enhance outcomes and improve patient satisfaction and comfort.
- Use the MLS® treatment in a preventive capacity to reduce post-operative symptoms and complications by reducing pain, inflammation, swelling and promoting healing.
- Use the MLS® therapy to provide a noticeable reduction in many types of presenting pain at the first appointment in a short period of time (3-10 minutes).
- Improve the efficiency of orthodontic treatment by speeding tooth movement and suture release leading to shorter time to completion of treatment.
- Improve the patient experience by reducing pain during and after separator, bracket and adjustment appointments.
- In some cases, laser therapy is the definitive treatment with few other options available including aphthous ulcers, trigeminal neuralgia, mandibular nerve paraesthesia.
How and where can it be used?
The built-in software for the Mphi D laser contains multiple settings for both intra-oral and extra-oral pathologies and conditions.
Extraoral sites include head and neck, shoulders, hand/wrist trigger points as well as the various facial musculature and underlying lymphatic system including lymph nodes and facial nerves. Intraoral treatment can include all hard and soft tissues including teeth.
The high power MLS® beam easily penetrates:
- Tooth enamel to reach the pulp
- Soft tissues to reach roots and periapical areas of teeth
- Soft tissues to reach bone, bone sutures, underlying soft tissues, nerves, sinuses, muscles (of mastication)
The MLS® laser is a two-wavelength laser. It helps decrease pain and inflammation on the area that we apply the laser. We use it every day. It’s our workhorse. I can’t see patients without it. And the MLS® Laser is a very good practice-builder. We use it for cold sores, orthodontics and pain, especially for jaw joint pain and neck pain. There’s no other laser that can give that kind of result.Dr. Louis Chan
My Dental Care, Meadowbank, NSW
The MLS® Laser Handpiece
The MLS® laser handpiece contains a high-efficiency optical group that provides a more homogenous laser target beam than other devices.
This ensures photoreceptors in target cells are activated simultaneously and receive the optimal desired dose. It combines with deep tissue penetration of 3-4 cm for optimum treatment outcomes and physiologic results.
What is the evidence?
The design of each ASAlaser is as a result of extensive research in vitro and in vivo. Created as a collaboration of ASAlaser and the Biomedical Experimental and Clinical Science Department of Florence University Italy, the ASA campus laboratory tests the validity of designs and improves results over time.
The campus undertakes extensive study into the photochemical, photothermal, photomechanical effects of lasers on biologic tissue including at the molecular level to evaluate therapeutic effects. The results of our research are presented at conventions and appear in many scientific publications.